A woman has to do many different things at once; she is a true multitasker. But between putting her family, job, and home responsibilities first, she often forgets to put her health first. Staying healthy should be one of a woman's most important goals in life.
To do this, she needs to work out regularly, deal with her stress and eat right. Aside from these; it is very important to schedule routine health screenings so that early warning signs can be found and problems can be diagnosed at the right time.
Health tests that are generally recommended as a part of women's health checkups:
Screening tests are even more important for women because how their bodies are built makes them more likely to get certain health problems. Also, hormonal and social factors change with age, making people more likely to get sick with various diseases.
Choose the best women's health checkup hospital in Coimbatore to find the right health package.
Here is a list of the most important health checks that women should get regularly.
PAP Smear and Pelvic examination :
- A PAP smear or test lets your doctor examine the cells of the cervix to figure out how likely you are to get cervical cancer, which is very treatable if caught early.
- A pelvic exam, on the other hand, checks the health of the reproductive organs like fallopian tubes, ovaries, vagina, cervix, vulva, and uterus.
- All women over 21 are advised to undergo PAP screenings and pelvic exams at least every three years.
- If you have vaginal bleeding, cysts, a history of sexually transmitted diseases, or a family background of cancer, you must undergo these tests more frequently.
- Women on their periods can schedule their Full Body Checkups for Women either before or after their periods.
- With a mammogram, doctors can check for breast cancer.
- As a part of the test, the patient's breast is pressed between two plates so that X-rays can be taken.
- In India, the most common type of cancer in women is breast cancer, which can affect women as young as 30.
- Even though catching the disease can save lives, many women find out they have it when it's too late.
- Mammography can aid in the early detection and treatment of cancer, preventing its spread.
- Beginning between 45 and 50, this examination is suggested every two years for Indian women.
- Women with a family history of breast cancer might have to begin screening earlier. See your physician to determine if you're at risk for breast cancer.
Thyroid functioning test:
- Triiodothyronine (T3) and Thyroxine (T4) are hormones the thyroid gland produces that play a key role in metabolic regulation.
- Hypothyroidism, in which low thyroid hormone levels can slow the body's metabolism and associated functions.
- As a result, this can lead to a wide range of secondary effects, including sleepiness, weight gain, and dry skin.
- However, hyperthyroidism, in which the thyroid gland produces too much thyroid hormone, can lead to rapid heart rate, weight loss, anxiety, and trouble sleeping.
- Women are more likely to have an underactive or hyperactive thyroid gland than males.
- A thyroid function test will assist in determining whether your thyroid hormone levels are normal.
- Because the following symptoms may also be suggestive of other common illnesses or aging, it is recommended that you consult your physician to determine if you require this test. Reach out to the women's health checkups in Coimbatore to find a variety of packages to choose from.
Vitamin deficiency examination:
- Several studies show that vitamin B12 and D deficiencies are more common in women than men.
- A drop or rise in vitamin levels significantly affects the body's functioning.
- There is evidence that pregnant women or trying to get pregnant can have serious health problems if they don't have enough vitamin B12.
- Also, calcium absorption and bone health depend on how much vitamin D you have in the body.
- It has been found that older women, who are more likely to be vitamin D deficient, have more bone problems than younger women.
- So your doctor can tell you to get the vitamin levels checked, so you don't have to deal with the results.
Lipid panel test:
- A lipid panel is important because it helps you check cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- It is not just for women, but it is still important.
- If you have too much cholesterol, it can build up in your arteries and make you likely to get heart disease.
- Also, high cholesterol levels don't show any obvious signs and can only be found by taking a test.
Few steps to be followed before undergoing an annual health checkup:
Get a peaceful sleep before the checkup:
It's just as important to get enough rest as to eat well and work out regularly if you want your blood to flow well and your muscles to work right. Getting at least 6 hours of sleep before a health checkup is best. If you don't, your heart rate, body temperature, and blood pressure may not be steady while different tests are done.
Avoid taking alcohol:
Even though drinking alcohol isn't good for your health in the long run, it's best to stay away from it for 24 hours before a Women's Health Checkup Package. If you drink alcohol, the results of liver, kidneys, and blood tests could be affected.
Along with following these steps, avoiding heavy exercise and taking healthy foods before a health checkup can help.
In addition to the previously mentioned tests, monitoring blood sugar levels and watching for skin changes, such as odd or new warts or moles, is crucial. As they age, post-menopausal women might be at risk for osteoporosis or brittle bones.
Staying in touch with the doctor as women age is crucial since it allows you to discuss and treat your problems early. Yet, regardless of age, you must remain alert and conscious of what the body is saying to you since it may indicate something more serious that requires care. Choose to undergo a women's full body checkup in Coimbatore for the best experience and an option for various packages.